Continuous Learning Electives (CLE) are training events intended to expand a leader’s skills or competencies beyond those received through the Outpost Leader Advancement Level (OLAL) or Organizational Leadership Training (OLT) processes. Although, these events may also fulfill requirements of the ADVANCED level of the OLAL and of all levels of the OLT. A training event must meet the following criteria to qualify as a continuous learning elective:
- District and National CLE's must be endorsed by the District Director. They can only be ordered through your district.
- Must fill a need at the local level and offered by Royal Rangers certified instructors and/or other competent instructors.
- Must be a minimum of two hours in length. Events 4 hours or longer do not count as multiple continuous learning opportunities.
- May be offered as indoor, outdoor, online, internet-based, or classroom-based formats.
- May fill a need that is specific to leadership development skills needed to work with Royal Rangers or provide specialized certification needed to teach skill merits.
- May not have been previously used to satisfy an individual's training requirements.
Qualifying District Events
- LTA modules not taken for the LMA
- Continuous learning electives (CLE) completed and not counted toward OLAL or OLT training level requirements
- District Royal Ranger Conference (when qualifying training criteria is met)
- District Men’s Ministry Conference
- District Children’s Ministry Conference
- District Christian Education/All Church Ministries Conference
- Completion of the Outpost Leader Orientation (OLO). The OLO may not be used toward the OLAL or OLT training level requirements
- Other Continuous Learning Opportunities approved by the district director that meets the above definition and criteria
Qualifying National Events
- Continuous Learning Elective courses offered online through National Royal Rangers
- National AG KidMin Conference
- National Youth Workers Conference
- National Men’s Ministry Conference
- Pre-conference Leadership Seminar for General Council
- Regional Conferences (when qualifying training criteria is met)
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA), National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) instructor certification courses
- NRA instructor certification courses in Rifle, Shotgun, or Blackpowder
- Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (C.O.P.E.) Instructor certification course
- Other Continuous Learning Electives may be added by the Royal Rangers national office
What are examples of non-qualifying training?
- Any module or national training events required or counted for earning the Outpost Leader Advancement Levels (OLAL) or Organizational Leadership Training levels (OLT), such as Ranger Basics, Ranger Essentials, Ranger Safety, Basic CPR/First Aid course, NRMC, NEEC, WCO, JBEI, etc.
- Past national training events such as NTC & RKTC (and any others required or counted for earning the LMA)
- The National Royal Rangers LEAD conference (as it is considered training specifically for organizational leaders and it meets requirements for the OLT)
- FCF events such as Frontier Adventure, Buckskin Challenge, or Wilderness Vigil (as these are held solely for the purpose of meeting FCF requirements)
How far back can you count LTA electives, certification courses, conferences or seminars?
Qualifying LTA electives and certification courses can be counted if taken after January 1, 2003. Qualifying conferences or seminars may be counted if taken after January 1, 2009. Subsequent WCO seminars repeated may be counted, you may not count your first WCO seminar taken.
How do I order the Continuous Learning Elective ribbons?
Is any verification needed for any qualifying continuous learning elective?
Yes, qualifying instructor training courses that offer “certification” must include a copy of a certificate of completion or certification card.
National Continuous Learning Award – no application required